We hope that you and your family in good health as we prepare to ease back into our regular routines. The doctors and team are ready to see everyone whom we have missed so much! While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same at our office: our commitment to your safety.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the California Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. We closely follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency's recommendation.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment.
-Plexiglass sneeze guards around the front desk
-Medical Grade air purifiers throughout the office with H13 HEPA filters.
-All employees have been fit tested for N-95 masks and those providing patient care will be wearing an additional level 3 mask and face shield.
-MERV 13 air filter
-Designated floor stickers and standing spots
We made these changes to our COVID-19 PROTOCOL to help protect our patients and staff.
1. Our office will communicate with you within 48 hours before your appointment to ask some COVID -19 screening questions. You will be asked these same questions again when you arrive at our office in a special "Patient Screening" location. A member of our team will be stationed there to greet you, ask the screening questions, and take your temperature with a touchless thermometer. If you have a fever, or any signs and symptoms of COVID-19, you will be asked to leave. We will reschedule your appointment after the specific self-quarantine requirement.
2. San Francisco Department of Public Health at this time strongly recommends a negative covid-19 test 1-7 days before any aerosolized dental procedure. If unsure about your specific appointment needs, please call us. For example, aerosolized procedures can involve using cavitron ultrasonics for cleanings, or high and low speed hand pieces for other treatment.
3. We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office, and after the screening is conducted. You will also find hand sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the office, for you to use as needed.
4. Masks must always be worn by all persons for the entire visit. We will have you remove your mask for your procedure only.
5. We will ask you to call us when you arrive so that we may let you know when we are ready to see you at the screening area. We will only see one patient at a time in our screening area.
6. Only patients with scheduled appointments will be permitted to enter the office.
7. Please brush, floss, and rinse prior to your appointments, since tooth brushing in the office is no longer allowed.
8. Patients will be seated every other chair to maintain social distancing when completing the appointment.
9. Patients are able to make their next appointment in office, however if there are concerns, we will contact you over the phone. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This might mean you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment, and this is the means we must take to ensure everyone's safety. We appreciate your understanding.
10. Our team members will all have a daily temperature check and health screening immediately upon arrival at work. Any team member with a temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit or symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to leave and self-quarantine.
11. There will be no more magazines in the waiting room.
We will do everything possible to make sure you feel safe and welcome in this new environment. We are grateful for each and every one of our patients. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate our new protocols and process.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email our office.
Dr. Shek and Associates